Mendyk Chiropractic, Inc. can help provide many care options for varying health issues. For example, Dr. Kristian Mendyk and Dr. Derick Lajom can help Perris and Moreno Valley, CA, residents with pinched nerve problems. This common health issue can cause extreme pain, numbness, and balance issues when nerves get pinched at their point of origin from the spinal cord. Here's what you need to know about this issue.
Symptoms of This Issue
Pinching in the nerves can occur for many reasons, including injuries or degeneration associated with aging. These cause the tissue around the nerve to swell and put pressure on the nerve and may cause many different symptoms. Just a few things that you might experience when this happens to you include:
- Pain that spreads around the pinched area and which may come and go
- Sharp and sudden pain that makes it hard to walk or stand up straight
- Numbness in areas in and around the pinched area's muscles
- Balance issues that make it hard to walk or stand
You may also experience tingling along the pinched nerve’s length. This occurs because the nerve cannot correctly send electrical signals. Some people may even experience trouble operating their limbs, fingers, or toes if the pinch is severe enough. Thankfully, care options are available that will minimize the severity of this problem and prevent long-term complications.
Treating This Serious Problem
Suffering a pinched nerve in Perris or Moreno Valley, CA, can be very troubling and hard to tolerate. Thankfully, many care options can help decrease the severity of this problem and improve a person's overall health. For example, Mendyk Chiropractic Inc. can provide therapies such as:
- Spinal Manipulations: Carefully adjusting the back and other areas near the spinal cord can relieve pressure on the nerves and minimize the symptoms that may come with this issue.
- Traction: Careful traction can help to relieve strain on the back and keep your nerves from getting pinched and help them recover from this painful problem.
- Exercise and Stretching: Careful stretching and exercise programs can help relieve pressure on the nerves and minimize pain sensations.
Are you suffering from a pinched nerve in Moreno Valley or Perris, CA, and need help? Drs. Mendyk and Lajom can help you. Mendyk Chiropractic, Inc. can provide the treatments discussed above to give you a better grasp of your care needs. Call our Perris office at 951-943-1722 or our Moreno Valley location at 951-697-0246 to get started on your care.